ABOUT THIS ROLE
Decile provides a unified data and analytics platform to power smarter, more profitable brands. We offer an integrated technology and service solution that uses consumer and brand data to bridge the gap between core business, financial and marketing metrics for emerging DTC brands. Through our deep expertise in people-based analytics and measurement, we provide superior business results and actionable insights about customers and prospects. We are a subsidiary of the Graham Holdings Company (formerly The Washington Post Company), but operate independently.
Our company values and fosters diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly unique and successful organization. We encourage bright, kind, enthusiastic problem-solvers to join our team and help make a big impact on our success.
We’re looking to hire a Data Scientist to help research and develop world class prediction algorithms and recommendation systems for our analytics platform utilizing point of sale, demographic and behavioral data. The ideal candidate has a passion for innovative and practical machine learning algorithms and will be joining a team of seasoned data scientists and engineers to take that passion to the next level!
HOW YOU CAN MAKE AN IMPACT
- Drive development of new data products and software features, in conjunction with product and engineering teams, that provide the brands that we service with innovative, deep and accurate insights about their customers, business and marketing efforts.
- Apply advanced AI techniques– machine learning, predictive analytics, financial forecasting, optimization, semantic analysis, time-series analysis– to real-world problems.
- Partner with our data engineers to deliver production-ready models that operate at scale to power superior predictions and recommendations.
- Explore 3rd party marketing data sources, and identify ways to make our data and products more accurate, valuable, and accessible.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Data Science role
- Master’s or PhD in Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in:
- Defining business problems in machine learning / deep Learning framework
- Developing Recommendation Systems, Predictive Analytics, Forecasting
- Project leadership in building / designing data-driven analytical models
- Python (sklearn, StatsModels), SQL
- Communicating the value of your work
- Domain experience highly desirable in the following areas:
- Computational advertising and/or marketing technologies
- Familiarity with Snowflake/Snowpark
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analysis, design, development, and collaborative problem-solving skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Fully distributed team (work where you want!)
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, FSA/HSA)
- 401(k) & pension
- CodeEd Program – Continuing education dollars
- Sabbatical program
- Rapid learning and growth opportunities